Deadpool 2 star T.J. Miller was arrested at LaGuardia Airport in New York City last night, and charged with "intentionally conveying to law enforcement false information about an explosive device." The actor reportedly called in a fake bomb threat on an Amtrak train in March, and after his arrest on federal charges last night, he appeared before U.S. District Judge Jeffrey A. Meyer in New Haven, Connecticut, and was released on a $100,000 bond. The charge Miller faces carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison.

A press release from the U.S. Department of Justice reveals that, on March 18, a 911 dispatcher received a call from Miller, who revealed that he was traveling on Amtrak train 2256 from Washington D.C. to Penn Station in New York City, claiming that a female passenger had a, "bomb in her bag." The actor described the woman as having brown hair and wearing a scarf, and after Amtrak investigators were made aware of the call, the train was stopped at Green's Farms station in Westport, Connecticut, where passengers were told to evacuate the train as the bomb squad boarded and searched the train, where no evidence of any explosive device was found.

RELATED: Watch as Ryan Reynold's Young Netflix Co-Star Recites R-Rated Deadpool 2 Monologue

An investigator contacted Miller by phone, when he was in New York, and on that call, he described the woman differently, stating she had red hair and that she was wearing a red scarf. He added that she was carrying a "black bag carry on suitcase with a handle" and that she kept checking her bag without taking anything out, and she also reportedly wanted to get off the train early and leave her bag behind. The investigator detected that the actor was slurring his words, and when asked if he had consumed any alcohol, the actor said he had, "one glass of red wine," but when asked if he suffered from mental illness, he replied, "no, absolutely not," adding that this was the first time he had made a call like this and that he was, "worried for everyone on that train," and that, "someone has to check that lady out."

The investigator would ultimately conclude that T.J. Miller had actually been traveling on Amtrak train #2258, not #2256, and when that train pulled into the Green's Farms station shortly after the 2256 train, it was boarded and searched, with no explosive devices found. Investigators interviewed an attendant in the first class cabin Miller was seated in, who stated he appeared to be intoxicated upon boarding the train in Washington D.C., and went on to consume multiple drinks on the train before he was removed in New York City. The attendant also stated that Miller had been involved in a number of hostile exchanges with a woman seated in a different row from him in the first class car.

The woman was identified and interviewed by the investigators, who didn't find any explosive devices on her person. She was not carrying the same type of bag that Miller described in his original call, and the complaint alleges that Miller was, "motivated by a grudge" with the female to call in this bomb threat and continued to provide investigators with false information during their investigation. John H. Durham, United States Attorney for the District of Connecticut, stressed in the press release, issued by the United States Department of Justice, that the complaint is only a charge against the actor and is not evidence of guilt.