A new animated short has premiered online entitled Toy Story: Command Center, a stop-motion animation movie which uses the upcoming Toy Story: Space Mission toys from Mattel. Take a look at this innovative new stop-motion short below, which offers a fresh take on the Toy Story universe. You can also take a look at some quick facts about the short below the video player.
Toy Story: Command Center Facts:
- It took a crew of 8 people over more than 1300 hours and a span of 4 weeks to complete the toymation
- - Every second needed 12 frames of pictures
- - Every shot needed at least 3 takes, many of which had to be done separately with each toy and then composited together later
- - Each toy had to be taken apart and reassembled with wire and museum putty in order to be rigged properly to animate
- - The dust bunnies were created from an old carpet the team almost threw out right before production on the toymation project began
- - The crew made 5 trips to the supermarket to clear out their asparagus, big broccoli heads, and artichokes to build the vegetable forest set
You can also CLICK HERE for more information about this new Toy Story: Space Mission line of toys from Mattel.