Five women and five men will battle it out this summer to earn bragging rights as America's Next Producer, a new summer reality competition series from TV Guide Network. Earlier today, TV Guide Network announced that the cast for America's Next Producer will include a diverse group of contestants varying in personality, age and experience who compete each week to survive elimination rounds by successfully completing a broad range of TV production challenges.
From the producers of Project Runway and Top Chef, America's Next Producer will premiere in full-screen on TV Guide Network on Wednesday, July 18 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT with a special repeat airing at 9:00 p.m.
America's Next Producer will give a group of television and video producers the chance to prove they have what it takes to create the next generation of TV hits. Contestants will be judged on their abilities to create and execute compelling TV concepts in a variety of genres from scripted to reality. America's Next Producer will be hosted by Ananda Lewis (The Ananda Lewis Show), and the series' resident judges will be David Hill (Chairman & CEO, FOX Sports Television Group) and Matt Roush (Senior Television Critic, TV Guide magazine). Rounding out the three-judge panel each week will be a celebrity guest. Winner America's Next Producer will receive the ultimate TV producer prize package: $100,000 cash, a production office in Hollywood, and a first-look deal with TV Guide Network.
Related: GIVEAWAY: Win Selma on Blu-ray
Over the past several months, thousands of TV producer hopefuls across the nation applied to become a contestant on America's Next Producer through one of three options: 1. an application and bio video and reel submission; 2. open calls in New York, Los Angeles and Chicago; or 3. an online search contest hosted by Yahoo!'s Jumpcut.com. The show contestants, listed in alphabetical order, are as follows:
* Bradley Gallo, Age: 29, Long Island, NY - The self-described "problem solver that talks too much" currently serves as a field producer for Nick Davis Productions. Gallo already believes he fits the mold of an ideal TV producer and has no doubt that he has this competition in the bag. He holds a Professional Certificate of Directing from New York University and has received two awards for directing and cinematography.
* Daniel Hosea, Age: 33, New York, NY - The "hard news" veteran currently hones his skills as a TV news writer/producer at CNN and as a producer at NBC Weather Plus, where he focuses on writing package intros for "American Morning" and the national weather network respectively. While he prides himself on his history of producing just about anything news related, he is extremely interested in seeing what the other side of the table looks like as a comedy or drama producer.
* Jessica Iaccarino, Age: 32, Huntington Station, NY - Currently serving as a Supervising Producer at Speed TV, the self-proclaimed "overreacting drama queen" is determined to show America that producing a hit TV show is all about adding a dramatic, creative and comedic element to real life scenarios. A true New Yorker, Iaccarino is a docu-reality fanatic with a very dominant personality.
* Lindsay Liles, Age: 24, West Hollywood, CA - After traveling from Houston, Miami, New York and now to Los Angeles to pursue a career as a writer, Liles got a job as a producer on the Style Network's "Clean House." As the youngest person in her department, Liles believes that her ambition and "know how" will be enough to not only excel in this business, but prove her naysayers wrong.
* Adam Mutterperl, Age: 32, New York, NY - The self-proclaimed "control freak" has dabbled in nearly every possible area - from producing to comedic writing, directing and performing. With an ever-growing interest in comedy and animation, Mutterperl dreams of producing his own comedic scripted show and will use his time on America's Next Producer to show off his skills and win the competition.
* Sharon Nash, Age: 46, Alta Dena, CA - A seasoned television veteran with 25 years of TV producing under her belt, Nash dares anyone to try to get in her way. Describing herself as a "natural born producer," taking charge is the name of Nash's game. Nash believes that there are three key ingredients in being successful in this business: tough skin, ambition and an eye for talent. Having worked on everything from national primetime shows to local television news, Nash has seen and done it all and has developed a work ethic that cannot be faked. Her goal is to not only be America's Next Producer, but "America's Next Mogul."
* Steve "Schliz" Schleinitz, Age: 32, Los Angeles, CA - An ex-United States Marine, Steve "Schliz" Schleinitz proudly served his country for four years until he was honorably discharged in 1997. The self-proclaimed Hollywood 'ladies man' also lends his production expertise to the appropriately fitting "Girls Gone Wild" series and claims to be a quick learner that has already sold a pilot idea similar to MTV's "Jackass" oversees. Schleinitz has no doubt that he can win the America's Next Producer competition and thinks that this victory will garner the attention he needs to be able to sell his hit ideas.
* Evie Shapiro, Age: 36, Los Angeles, CA - Shapiro has done just about everything possible in production and has produced shows for HBO, "The Daily Show" and the list goes on from there. As an extremely competitive person, Shapiro describes herself as being great at commanding a crew, but not the best at being part of a team. Shapiro will surprise a lot of people in the competition with her talent.
* Gwen Uszuko, Age: 22, Denver, CO - Uszuko currently works for FOX 31 in Denver and was the first contestant to be introduced last month when she won TV Guide Network's online video contest hosted by Yahoo!'s Jumpcut. The Notre Dame graduate beat out thousands of other contestants with her personal bio video submission and as the winner of the America's Next Producer Search Contest, Uszuko serves as the youngest contestant on the show.
* Alphonzo "Zo" Wesson, Age: 46, Cincinnati, OH - As Owner, Director and Producer of Cincinnati-based ZoMotion Pictures, Alphonzo Wesson (nicknamed "Zo") has over 20 years of experience and knows what it takes to succeed in the world of production. "Zo" has been credited with directing and producing high profile shows including "Oprah and Gayle's Big Adventure," MTV's "Making The Band" alongside Hip Hop mogul, Sean "P. Diddy" Combs and was the first African American to direct MTV's long standing hit reality series, "The Real World."
Dont't forget to also check out: America's Next Producer