For 100 years, Universal Pictures has been entertaining audiences all around the world with some of the most unforgettable movies ever made. For a limited time only, own a piece of Hollywood history with the Universal 100th Anniversary Collection arriving on Blu-ray and DVD on November 6, 2012 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The collection features a selection of 25 unforgettable films that helped shape the legacy of one of the most successful movie studios of all time. Featuring prestigious Academy Award winners such as To Kill a Mockingbird and The Sting, genre-defining classics like Dracula and Spartacus, captivating storytelling such as Field of Dreams and Do the Right Thing, blockbusters like Jurassic Park and E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial and pure entertainment with franchises including The Bourne Identity and The Fast and the Furious, these movies continue to have an enduring impact throughout the world.
Universal 100th Anniversary Collection Blu-ray
The Universal 100th Anniversary Collection includes an exclusive "100 Years of Universal" 72-Page collector's book chronicling the history of Universal over the last 100 years including rare photos and memorabilia from the studio's archives. The collection also includes an exclusive 15-track music CD containing a selection of the most popular music scores from Universal films including Psycho, The Sting, Jaws, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial and Out of Africa. Featuring hours of bonus features including an exclusive bonus disc, including 8 "100 Years of Universal" featurettes, vintage cartoons and rarely seen shorts from the Universal archives.
Universal Pictures has been home to the world's most recognized stars and the Universal 100th Anniversary Collection features some of the most memorable roles by all-star talent including Tom Hanks, Kevin Costner, Matt Damon, Meryl Streep, Robert Redford, Gregory Peck, Doris Day, Kirk Douglas, Rock Hudson, Richard Dreyfuss, Bud Abbott & Lou Costello, Bela Lugosi, Paul Newman, Al Pacino, Michael J. Fox and John Belushi. Plus influential directors including Steven Spielberg, Alfred Hitchcock, Ron Howard, Robert Zemeckis, Spike Lee, John Hughes, Brian De Palma, John Landis, George Lucas, Stanley Kubrick, Sydney Pollack and George Roy Hill.
On Blu-ray, this collection is remastered for your HDTV in perfect hi-def picture and perfect hi-def sound.
Celebrate Universal's 100 years of iconic memories and moments with this 25-film collector's set, just in time for the holidays!
- All Quiet on the Western Front (1930)
- - Dracula (1931)
- - Dracula Spanish (1931) (Blu-ray Collection only)
- - Buck Privates (1941)
- - Pillow Talk (1959)
- - Spartacus (1960)
- - To Kill a Mockingbird (1962)
- - The Birds (1963)
- - American Graffiti (1973)
- - The Sting (1973)
- - Jaws (1975)
- - Animal House (1978)
- - E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
- - Scarface (1983)
- - The Breakfast Club (1985)
- - Back to The Future (1985)
- - Out of Africa (1985)
- - Field of Dreams (1989)
- - Do the Right Thing (1989)
- - Jurassic Park (1993)
- - Schindler's List (1993) (DVD Collection only)
- - Apollo 13 (1995)
- - The Fast and the Furious (2001)
- - The Bourne Identity (2002)
- - Mamma Mia! (2008)
- - Despicable Me (2010)
Hours and Hours of Bonus Content Plus Exclusive Bonus Disc:
- 100 Years of Universal
- - The Carl Laemmle: Explore the early years of Universal and its founder Carl Laemmle.
- - The Lew Wasserman Era: A look at Universal under the visionary leadership of Lew Wasserman.
- - Academy Award Winners: A look back at the most honored films in Universal's history.
- - The '70s: A look at Universal's iconic movies and filmmakers during this dynamic decade.
- - The '80s: Explore Universal's legacy of groundbreaking movies and filmmakers from this memorable decade.
- - The Backlot: A behind-the-scenes look at the movie magic created on the famous Universal Studios lot.
- - Unforgettable Characters: Revisit Universal's most memorable heroes, villains, comedians and screen legends.
- - Restoring the Classics: An in-depth look at the intricate process of preserving the studio's film legacy.
- Spooks (1930) - A parody of Universal's Phantom of the Opera featuring Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.
- - Merry Old Soul (1933) - Universal's first Academy Award nominee for Best Short Subject featuring Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.
- - Wax Works (1934) - A spoof of Universal's classic monsters featuring Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.
- - Jolly Little Elves (1934) - A Cartune Classic nominated for Best Short Subject Academy Award.
- - Hollywood Bowl (1938) - A Cartune Classic featuring caricatures of some of the most popular Hollywood stars at the time.
- - Life Begins for Andy Panda (1939) - Andy Panda in his debut cartoon.
- - Knock Knock (1940) - Woody Woodpecker in his debut cartoon.
- - Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy of Company 'B' (1941) - Academy Award nominee for Best Short Subject based off the song from Buck Privates.
- - The Barber of Seville (1944) - Often considered one of the greatest cartoons from this era featuring Woody Woodpecker.
- - Musical Moments from Chopin (1947) - Academy Award nominee for Best Short Subject featuring Woody Woodpecker.
- - Maw and Paw (1953) - Inspired by the popular "Ma and Pa Kettle" film series.
- - Chilly Willy (1953) - Chilly Willy in his debut cartoon.
- - Crazy Mixed Up Pup (1955) - Academy Award® nominee for Best Short Subject directed by animation legend Tex Avery.
- Runt Page (1932) - Starring Shirley Temple
- - Slide, Babe, Slide (1932) - Starring Babe Ruth
- - Cartoonland Mysteries (1936) - Go behind the scenes at the Walter Lantz studios as an Oswald the Lucky Rabbit cartoon is created in this vintage "Going Places" short.
15-Track Music CD Featuring Scores from the Following Films:
- Bride of Frankenstein
- - Touch of Evil
- - Psycho
- - Spartacus
- - To Kill a Mockingbird
- - Airport
- - The Sting
- - Jaws
- - E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
- - Scarface
- - Scarface
- - Out of Africa
- - Jurassic Park
- - Apollo 13
- - The Bourne Identity