The critically acclaimed documentary Waiting for Superman will be released on Blu-ray and DVD February 15. The standard DVD will be priced at $19.99 SRP and the Blu-ray will cost $29.99 SRP. Each DVD and Blu-ray will also include a $25 credit for consumers to donate to the classroom of their choice. You can find participating classrooms at DonorsChoose.org. Take a look at the cover artwork and special features below:
Waiting for Superman Blu-ray
Waiting for Superman DVD
Named the Best Documentary of the year by the National Board of Review, and cited by the American Film Institute as one of the year's best movies, Waiting for Superman was called "an electrifying call to action" (Peter Travers, Rolling Stone), and has launched a movement to achieve real and lasting change in the nation's schools. The film depicts the moving and poignant struggles of real-life students and their families and the efforts of educators and reformers who are working to find viable solutions within a dysfunctional system. A stirring, must-see clarion call that has left audiences inspired and motivated to make a difference, Waiting for Superman is truly "a powerful, passionate, revolution-inducing documentary" (Lisa Schwarzbaum, Entertainment Weekly).
- Changing the Odds - A poignant look into the challenges students and teachers have faced within the public school system and the successful programs that have been put in place to change the face of public education in the U.S.
- - Updates - A look at what's changed in education since the movie was filmed
- - A Conversation with Davis Guggenheim
- - The Future is in Our Classrooms
- - The Making of "Shine"
- - Deleted Scenes - Four additional stories of real-life students and teachers
- - Commentary by director Davis Guggenheim and producer Lesley Chilcott