You can walk further down the line on DVD this March.
Walk the Line is coming out in an extended edition on March 25. The new two-disc version will include 17 minutes of new footage as well as new special features. The film stars Joaquin Phoenix, Reese Witherspoon (who won a Best Actress Oscar for this role) and Robert Patrick.
In 1955, a tough, skinny guitar-slinger who called himself J.R. Cash walked into the soon-to-be-famous Sun Studios in Memphis. It was a moment that would have an indelible effect on American culture. With his driving freight-train chords, steel-eyed intensity and a voice as deep and black as night, Cash sang blistering songs of heartache and survival that were gutsy, full of real life and unlike anything heard before. That day kicked off the electrifying early career of Johnny Cash. As he pioneered a fiercely original sound that blazed a trail for rock, country, punk, folk and rap stars to come, Cash began a rough-and-tumble journey of personal transformation. In the most volatile period of his life, he evolved from a self-destructive pop star into the iconic "Man in Black" - facing down his demons, fighting for the love that would raise him up, and learning how to walk the razor-thin line between destruction and redemption.
- Extended Cut Film (17 minutes longer) WS
- Feature commentary with writer/director James Mangold
- Johnny Cash Jukebox: 8 Extended Musical Sequences with New Introductions:
- "Lewis Boogie" Waylon Payne as Jerry Lee Lewis
- "Get Rhythm" Joaquin Phoenix as Johnny Cash
- "You're My Baby" Johnathan Rice as Roy Orbison
- "Jukebox Blues" Reese Witherspoon as June Carter
- "Rock and Roll Ruby" Joaquin Phoenix as Johnny Cash
- "That's Alright Mama" Tyler Hilton as Elvis Presley
- "Jackson" Joaquin Phoenix as Johnny Cash, Reese Witherspoon as June Carter
- "Cocaine Blues" Joaquin Phoenix as Johnny Cash
- More Man in Black: Deleted Scenes - w/ optional commentary by Co-Writer and Director James Mangold
- Becoming Cash/Becoming Carter
- Sun Records and the Johnny Cash Sound
- The Cash Legacy
- Folsom: Cash and the Comeback
- Ring of Fire: The Passion of Johnny and June
- Cash and His Faith
- "Celebrating the Man in Black: The Making of Walk the Line"
- Walk the Line Theatrical Trailer
Dont't forget to also check out: Walk the Line