Before they were superheroes, the fate of humanity depended on an extraordinary group of youngsters who went on to become X-Men: First Class. Based on the international bestselling Marvel Comics franchise, this box office hit bursts onto Blu-ray and DVD Friday, September 9 from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. For the first time ever, X-Men fans will have the power to choose a side between Professor X and Magneto with two versions of premium collectible Blu-ray packaging. Also exclusively on Blu-ray, fans receive access to over two hours of special interactive features PLUS ten Marvel X-Men Digital Comics including a never-before-seen X-Men: First Class backstory- redeemable through each Blu-ray's unique packaging code.
X-Men: First Class Charles Blu-ray
Director Matthew Vaughn (Layer Cake, Kick-Ass) tells the true origins of the multi-billion dollar film franchise, guiding exceptional performances by Golden Globe-nominee James McAvoy (Atonement), Michael Fassbender (Inglourious Basterds), and Golden Globe-winner Kevin Bacon (Kevin Bacon, Mystic River). A "rare movie event that balances an intelligent story with solid performances, first-rate action and top-of-the-line special effects" (Ben Lyons, E!), X-Men: First Class has drawn an impressive $150 million at the domestic box office and nearly $350 million worldwide.
Before Charles Xavier (McAvoy) and Erik Lensherr (Fassbender) took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time, working together to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. The film features a star-studded supporting cast, including Academy Award-nominee Jennifer Lawrence (Winter's Bone), January Jones (Mad Men), Rose Byrne (28 Weeks Later), Zoë Kravitz (Zoë Kravitz), Nicholas Hoult (A Single Man), Lucas Till (Walk the Line), and Emmy Award-nominee Oliver Platt (The West Wing).
The first 1,000 fans to pre-order their Blu-ray or DVD copy of X-Men: First Class during San Diego Comic-Con (July 21 - 24) will receive a free limited edition T-shirt, showing their support for either "Team Charles" or "Team Erik." Fans can pre-order their copy in person at the Fox booth #4313 or online at FoxConnect.com. During this time, X-Men: First Class will be available on Blu-ray and DVD at the exclusive price of $25.00 for Blu-ray and $18.00 for DVD.
Special features on the X-Men: First Class Blu-ray include:
- 10 Marvel "X-Men" Digital Comics with exclusive X-Men: First Class Backstory Comic
- - Cerebro Mutant Tracker: The complete interactive Mutant Database with interactive videos giving fans the ability to learn about their favorite mutants in the X-Men film franchise
- - Children of the Atom: An eight-part behind-the-scenes featurette, charting the film from pre-production through post-production, including visual effects techniques and cataloguing X-Men transformations through prosthetic make up and costume design
- - "X" Marks the Spot: An interactive feature allowing viewers the opportunity to learn more about specific scenes with talent interviews and behind-the-scenes footage
- - Extended and Deleted Scenes
- - BD-Live Portal with additional Cerebro Mutant Tracker profiles
- - Composer's Isolated Score
- - Theatrical Trailer